|For Christmas I received quite a few presents, all of which I have adored and used since, but this one was by FAR my most wanted and most loved! This is another small rant about my skin condition, but I've had inflamed skin ever since I was a small girl and have pretty much had it my whole life. I'm starting to accept that I may always have it, but I'm grateful there are so many products aimed at my condition now. I've been told redness is caused by Alcohol, stress and/or hot, spicy foods... All of which I don't have/eat/drink.. I know it's to do with the sensitivity of my skin, so I look for products to help.|
The box contains:
- Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser
- Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream
- Clinique Redness Solutions Mild Clarifying Lotion
- Clinique Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream
- A cute little leaflet on directions of the product
Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser
This was originally my first ever purchase from Clinique, and ever since this product (and the really lovely lady who helped me) it's been my favourite brand for Cosmetics since! I've featured this in posts and vlogs before, but never with any other Clinique products. I do, however, now own the Redness Solutions Foundation too, which I love, but use little of. This cream has a very light formula with a green tint (I was told it was the Tea Tree which helps cool the redness) and is a light coverage to put on the face. The instructions say to cover the face in this and then wipe off with a cloth or tissue, but I find it's easier and more effective to squeeze some onto a cotton wool pad and cleans with that.
- Leaves my skin feeling cool and cleansed effectively
- Definitely reduces my redness for a while
- Smells fresh and clean (cucumber and tea tree extracts I was told)
- Tightens my face to feel rejuvenated
- My skin flares up after a few minutes as soon as the cooling wears off
Best for a quick fix and effective cleanser that lasts a long time.
Clinique Redness Solutions Mild Clarifying Lotion
This, I presume, is a toner... I hope it is anyway! I mean, who makes bundles like these and doesn't include a toner. Ok, blonde moment over!
Although I still use this product, I find that it isn't as 'mild' as it says it is. I have very red cheeks and this 'mild' clarifying lotion doesn't do it for me. I have to wait at least an hour or two to see the effects but by then, I would have put my makeup on and done my hair..
- Closes any pores I may have had
- Gentle on skin which is sensitive
- No stinging sensations
- Too strong for MY skin
- Leaves skin slightly tight and dry
Best for skin that is sensitive and slightly greasy
Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream
This product may be my favourite out of the whole bundle. It's conditioning, but soothing as well.. You only need a tiny amount but a little goes a long way with this product. This is my second tub of this stuff and I love it! It's very very mild, but for a cream, it's thick but not too greasy - just right in my opinion.
- A little goes a long way (making it last a lot longer than some creams!)
- It's incredibly gentle on the skin
- Can be used as a night cream as well
- Reasonably sized tub with price label
- May not be so good for people with very greasy faces
Best for sensitive skin types looking for a moisturiser that doesn't leave them with stinging faces
Clinique Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream
I have to admit, I'm not really a hand cream kinda gal. Firstly, I don't suffer from dry hands anyway, but secondly, I can't stand having overly moist hands when doing things. So I can't really do a review on this product, because to be honest, I don't use them and haven't used them.